Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Farmina N&D Low Grain Chicken & Pomegranate Puppy Food Review


After giving Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken Puppy Food a try, I returned back to Farmina N&D LG Puppy Food for Maxi Breed as this has been the best dog food I have come across till now. Leo had been resisting Solid Gold like anything and preferred to stay hungry over eating Solid Gold. I was afraid to open my Farmina 12 Kgs bag as I was still wondering if he was resisting only Solid Gold or was he not willing to eat any dog food!! I didn't want to waste 12 Kgs of premium dog food. Lets see how Leo responded to Farmina.


Farmina comes in a beautiful bag and I really like the look of it. Just like Solid Gold, even Farmina's bag does not have a zipper and need to be stored carefully, once opened. It costs INR 6180 for a 12 kgs bag but you can get it cheaper by following the steps mentioned in my post here.



 

Product Description :

The evolution of dogs and cats was similar to that of predators, so their anatomy is structured to essentially carnivorous diet. Despite the outward differences of race, all dogs are descended from their wild ancestor, the gray wolf, with whom they share 99.8 percent of their genetic code. Therefore, just as their ancestors, our dogs and cats prefer eating carnivore, that’s why in terms of anatomical feature they have: Sharp and pointed teeth to tear meat, jaw joint that allows a wide mouth opening for the ingestion of large pieces of meat, a short digestive system simply structured with a strong acidic gastric pH suitable to digest and metabolize proteins, therefore meat.
  • Complete food for puppies and expecting or breastfeeding dogs
  • 70 percent premium animal ingredients
  • 30 percent fruits, minerals and vegetables
  • 0 percent grain and GMO ingredients


Ingredients :

Fresh boneless chicken (20%), dehydrated chicken meat (20%), spelt (10%), oats (10%),
chicken fat, dehydrated whole eggs, fresh herring, dehydrated herring, hydrolyzed fish proteins, dried beet pulp, fish oil, fiber vegetable of peas, dried carrots, dried alfalfa, inulin, fructooligosaccharides, mannanoligosaccharides, pomegranate powder (0.5%), dehydrated apple, spinach powder, psyllium (0.3%), powdered blackcurrant, dehydrated sweet orange, powdered blueberries, sodium chloride, dried brewer’s yeast, turmeric root (0.2%), glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, Marigold extract (source of lutein).


Supplements per kg :

Nutritional additives: Vitamin A 16000IU; Vitamin D3 1600IU; Vitamin E 600mg; Vitamin C 160mg; Niacin 40mg; pantotenic acid 16mg; Vitamin B2 8mg; Vitamin B6 6.4mg; Vitamin B1 4.8mg; Vitamin H 0.40mg; folic acid 0.48mg; Vitamin B12 0.1mg; choline chloride 2800mg; Beta‐carotene 1.5mg; zinc chelate of the analogous methionine hydroxylase 910mg; manganese chelate of the analogous methionine hydroxylase 380mg; ferrous chelate of glycine hydrate 250mg; copper chelate of the analogous methionine hydroxylase 88mg; selenomethionine 0.40mg; DL-methionine 6000mg; Taurine 1000mg; L-Carnitine 300mg. Organoleptic Additives: aloe vera extract 1000mg; green tea extract 100mg; rosemary extract. Antioxidants: tocopherol-rich extracts of natural origin.


Typical Analysis :

1.30%
7.30%
1100.00mg/kg
1.70%
0.90%
1400.00mg/kg
20.00%
35.00%
0.90%
3.40%
0.30%
0.50%
3923.00Kcal/Kg
16.40 Mj/kg


Available formats :

  • 800 gr
  • 2,5 kg
  • 12 kg

     
Farmina kibbles are average in size and good enough for my Rottweiler puppy. They are dark brown in color and have a strong distinct smell. When touched, they leave some oil in your hands. Its low in grain and the ingredient list is much better compared to other dog foods available in India. Protein content is high too.



As soon as I opened the packet, Leo was tempted by its smell [aroma?]. I offered him a handful of kibbles, he smelled and sniffed and that's it. My heart broke :( !! What was I supposed to do with it now? Throw it? Donate it to street dogs? Give it to some one else who owns a dog? I could do that but then what was I going to feed to Leo? I wanted to tell him "Leo, this is not Solid Gold, this is Farmina, your favorite, you remember?".  I could no way do that so I opened his mouth and put a kibble in his mouth and asked him to eat, he obeyed!! Now, I offered him the kibbles again and he started eating, yay!! Mission Completed!! :D

So finally, Leo is eating Farmina and now I know that the problem was not with the dog foods but with Solid Gold. Somehow, Leo didn't seem to like it at all. I am happy I got Farmina for him this time and would mention again that its the best dog food I have come across till now. 

You may also like to read other dog food reviews here.


Will I Buy It Again : Of course, again and again!!

 
            

19 comments:

  1. Howdy I am so excited I found your webpage, I really found you by
    mistake, while I was looking on Aol for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say
    thank you for a tremendous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read through
    it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read a great
    deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.


    My site power testro reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,

      Am glad you found it and liked it. Thank you for the comment and the feedback, it keeps me motivated.

      See you again on my blog.

      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your content.
    The article has really peaked my interest. I am going to take a note of your blog
    and keep checking for new information about once per week.
    I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.

    my page :: online home cash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked it. Do keep visiting for latest posts

      Delete
  3. Keep on writing, great job!

    Feel free to surf to my site GC Fit 360

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've switched to farmina dog food recently..now I am noticing too much of shedding hairs of my 3 months old lab puppy..is this because of the food..am unable to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shweta,

      That's really sad but that has nothing to do with Farmina. All the dogs shed in this season in India and so is with my dog, Leo. Even he has been shedding a lot since last one month. It should stop on its own in a couple of months. If you notice something really worrying, you might consult a vet.

      Hope that puts your concern to rest!!

      Delete
  5. Just want to say your article is as amazing.

    The clarity in your post is just cool and i could assume you're an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to
    keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and
    please continue the rewarding work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad that you have liked it.

      Delete
  6. You could definitely see your expertise in the work you write.
    The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how
    they believe. At all times go after your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Debra at A.S.K.
    Merely wanted to share that I liked reading your site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings from Idaho! I'm bored to tears at work so
    I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break.
    I really like the information you provide here and can't wait to take a look
    when I get home. I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone ..
    I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow,
    excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked my blog. Thank you

      Delete
  9. Woh I love your blog posts, bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This site was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've
    found something which helped me. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
    It's always helpful to read through articles from other writers and practice a little something from other websites.

    ReplyDelete